M.Sc.: 2006 – 2008, Department of Chemistry and Chemical Technology, Vidyasagar University, West Bengal, India
Postdoctoral researcher at the Center for Interdisciplinary Biosciences, P.J. Safarik University, Kosice, Slovakia under Prof Pavol Miskovsky since May 2016. Specialist in biophysical techniques and optical spectroscopy. Present research focus is on the development of lipoprotein based Nano-construct for cancer targeting.
Ph.D. (Graduate) Research: From January, 2009 to January, 2015 at the Department of Chemistry, Indian Institute of Technology, Kharagpur under the guidance of Prof Mintu Halder on studies on site-specific interaction of fluorophores and drug molecules with serum albumins and their possible applications.
M.Sc.: From 2006 to 2008 at the Department of Chemistry and Chemical Technology, Vidyasagar University, West Bengal, India.
Postdoc Research Experience:
From January 2015 to January 2016 as a postdoctoral research fellow at the department of Chemistry, Hebrew University of Jerusalem, Israel on the development of sensor for the early detection of cancer biomarker.
- Published abstract and presented poster entitled “Exploration of Specific Interaction of Food Dyes with Two Homologous Serum Proteins and Its Possible Biological Implications” in the International Symposium named “Theme Meeting on Ultrafast Science, (UFS-2013)” organized by Department of Physics and Meteorology, IIT Kharagpur, and Indian Society for Radiation and Photochemical Sciences, Mumbai during October 25–26, 2013 at IIT Kharagpur, India.
- Attended the International Symposium named “Light in Chemistry, Materials and Biology, (LCMB-2014)” organized by Department of Chemistry, IIT Kharagpur, Kharagpur during February 24–25, 2014 at Kharagpur, India.
- Attended the International Symposium named “Diamond Jubilee Symposium on Recent Trends in Chemistry, (DJSRTC-2011)” organized by Department of Chemistry, IIT Kharagpur, Kharagpur during October 21–23, 2011 at IIT Kharagpur, India.
(1) A. Jutkova, D. Chorvat, P. Miskovsky, D. Jancura and S. Datta* (Corresponding author). Encapsulation of Anticancer Drug Curcumin and Co-loading with Photosensitizer Hypericin into Lipoproteins Investigated by Fluorescence Resonance Energy Transfer. Int. J. Pharm, 2019, 564, 369-378. (ISSN Web: 1873-3476) (IF: 4.845)
(2) S. Datta, A. Jutkova, P. Sramkova, L. Lenkavska, V. Huntosova, D. Chorvat, P. Miskovsky, D. Jancura and J. Kronek. Unravelling the Excellent Chemical Stability and Bioavailability of Solvent Responsive Curcumin-loaded 2-ethyl-2-oxazoline-grad-2-(4-dodecyloxyphenyl)-2-oxazoline Copolymer Nanoparticles for Drug Delivery. Biomacromolecules, 2018, 19, 2459-2471. (ISSN Web: 1526-4602) (IF: 6.029)
(3) S. Datta, A. Hovan, A. Jutkova, S. G. Kruglik, P. Miskovsky, D. Jancura and G. Bano. Phosphorescence Kinetics of Singlet Oxygen Produced by Photosensitization in Spherical Nano-Particles. Part II: The Case of Hypericin Loaded LDL Particles. J. Phys. Chem. B, 2018, 122, 5154-5160. (ISSN Web: 1520-5207) (IF: 2.85)
(4) A. Hovan, S. Datta, S. G. Kruglik, P. Miskovsky, D. Jancura and G. Bano.
Phosphorescence Kinetics of Singlet Oxygen Produced by Photosensitization in Spherical Nano-Particles. Part I: Theory. J. Phys. Chem. B, 2018, 122, 5147-5153. (ISSN Web:1520-5207) (IF: 2.85)
(5) S. Datta, S. Panja, P, Mitra and M, Halder. Distilbene Derivative as New Environment Sensitive Bifunctional Ligand for Possible Induction of Serum Protein Aggregation: A Spectroscopic Investigation and Potential Consequences. Langmuir, 2015, 31, 10781-10790 (Highlighted in Nature-India). (ISSN Web: 1520-5827) (IF: 3.55)
(6) S. Datta, S. Panja, M. Halder. Detailed Scenario of the Acid-base Behavior of Prototropic Molecules in the Subdomain-IIA Pocket of Serum Albumin: Results and Prospects in Drug Delivery. J. Phys. Chem. B 2014, 118,12153-12167. (ISSN Web: 1520-5207) (IF: 2.85)
(7) S. Datta, M. Halder. Detailed Scrutiny of the Anion Receptor Pocket in Subdomain IIA of Serum Proteins Toward Individual Response to Specific Ligands: HSA-Pocket Resembles Flexible Biological Slide-wrench Unlike BSA. J. Phys. Chem. B 2014, 118, 6071-6085. (ISSN Web: 1520-5207) (IF: 2.85)
(8) S. Datta, M. Halder. Effect of Encapsulation in the Anion Receptor Pocket of Subdomain IIA of Human Serum Albumin on the Modulation of pKa of Warfarin and Structurally Similar Acidic Guests: A Possible Implication on Biological Activity. J. Photochem. Photobiol. B 2014, 130, 76-85 (Highlighted in Nature-India) (ISSN Web: 1011-1344) (IF:4.06)
(9) S. Datta, N. Mahapatra, M. Halder. pH-insensitive Electrostatic Interaction of Carmoisine with two Serum Proteins: A Possible Caution on its Uses in Food and Pharmaceutical Industry. J. Photochem. Photobiol. B 2013, 124, 50-62. (ISSN Web: 1011-1344) (IF:4.06)
(10) P. Bolel, S. Datta, N. Mahapatra, M. Halder. Exploration of pH-dependent Behavior of the Anion Receptor Pocket of Subdomain IIA of HSA: Determination of Effective Pocket Charge Using the Debye−Hückel Limiting Law. J. Phys. Chem. B 2014, 118, 26-36. (ISSN Web: 1520-5207) (IF: 2.85)
(11) P. Bolel, S. Datta, N. Mahapatra, M. Halder. Spectroscopic Investigation of the Effect of Salt on Binding of Tartrazine with Two Homologous Serum Albumins: Quantification by Use of the Debye−Hückel Limiting Law and Observation of Enthalpy−Entropy Compensation. J. Phys. Chem. B 2012, 116, 10195-10204. (ISSN Web: 1520-5207) (IF:2.85)
(12) P. Bolel, N. Mahapatra, S. Datta, M. Halder. Modulation of Accessibility of Subdomain IB in the pH-dependent Interaction of Bovine Serum Albumin with Cochineal Red A: A Combined View from Spectroscopy and Docking Simulations. J. Agric. Food Chem. 2013, 61, 4606–4613. (ISSN Web: 1520-5118) (IF: 3.61)
(13) N. Mahapatra, S. Datta, M. Halder. A New Spectroscopic Protocol for Selective Detection of Water Soluble Sulfides and Cyanides: Use of Ag-nanoparticles Synthesized by Ag (I)–reduction via Photo-degradation of Azo-food-colorants. J. Photochem. Photobiol. A 2014, 275, 72-80. (ISSN Web: 1010-6030) (IF: 3.306)
(14) M. Halder, S. Datta, P. Bolel, N. Mahapatra, S. Panja, H. Vardhan, S. Kayal, D. Khatua and I. Das. Reorganization Energy and Stokes Shift Calculations from Spectral Data as New Efficient Approaches in Distinguishing the end point of Micellization/Aggregation.
Analytical Methods, 2016, 8, 2805-2811. (ISSN Web: 1759-9679) (IF: 2.59)
(15) M. Rajabi, Z. Hossaini, M. A. Khalilzadeh, S. Datta, M. Halder and S. A. Mousa. Synthesis of a New Class of Fluoro [3,2-c] Coumarins and its Anticancer Activity. J. Photochem. Photobiol. B, 2015, 148, 66-72. (ISSN Web: 1011-1344) (IF: 4.06)
(1) S Datta, A Jutkova, P Sramkova, N Petrencikova, E Pavlova, P Miskovsky, D Jancura, J Kronek. Stability of Poly (2-Oxazoline) Based Micellar Drug Formulations, EUROPEAN BIOPHYSICS JOURNAL WITH BIOPHYSICS LETTERS, Madrid (Spain), S212-S212, July, 2019 (ISSN: 0175-7571).
(2) S Datta, N Petrencikova, P Sramkova, Z Kronekova, A Jutkova, D Jancura, J Kronek. Gradient copolymers from aliphatic and aromatic 2-oxazolines for drug delivery. ABSTRACTS OF PAPERS OF THE AMERICAN CHEMICAL SOCIETY, New York (USA), 257, March, 2019 (ISSN: 0065-7727).
(3) S Datta, A Jutkova, J Kronek, V Huntosova, D Jancura, P Miskovsky. Albumin coated nanoparticles of 2-oxazoline based copolymer enhances bioavailability of curcumin. EUROPEAN BIOPHYSICS JOURNAL WITH BIOPHYSICS LETTERS, Edinburg (UK), S314-S314, July, 2017.
(4) J. Kronek, N. Petrenćíková, Z. Kroneková, S. Datta, D. Jancura. Gradient copolymers from aromatic and aliphatic 2-oxazolines as promising biomedical materials. Engineering of Biomaterials, Krakow (Poland), 21, 2018.