Postdoctoral researcher at the Center for Interdisciplinary Biosciences, P.J. Safarik University, Kosice, Slovakia under Prof Pavol Miskovsky since May 2016. Specialist in biophysical techniques and optical spectroscopy. Present research focus is on the development of lipoprotein based Nano-construct for cancer targeting.
Ph.D. (Graduate) Research: From January, 2009 to January, 2015 at the Department of Chemistry, Indian Institute of Technology, Kharagpur under the guidance of Prof Mintu Halder on studies on site-specific interaction of fluorophores and drug molecules with serum albumins and their possible applications.
M.Sc.: From 2006 to 2008 at the Department of Chemistry and Chemical Technology, Vidyasagar University, West Bengal, India.
Postdoc Research Experience:
From January 2015 to January 2016 as a postdoctoral research fellow at the department of Chemistry, Hebrew University of Jerusalem, Israel on the development of sensor for the early detection of cancer biomarker.
(1) Shubhashis Datta, S. Panja, P, Mitra and M, Halder. ‘’Distilbene Derivative as New Environment Sensitive Bifunctional Ligand for Possible Induction of Serum Protein Aggregation: A Spectroscopic Investigation and Potential Consequences. Langmuir (Highlighted in Nature-India), Vol-31, p. 10781–90 (2015).
(2) Shubhashis Datta, S. Panja, M. Halder. “Detailed scenario of the acid-base behavior of prototropic molecules in the subdomain-IIA pocket of serum albumin: Results and prospects in drug delivery” J. Phys. Chem. B 2014, 118,12153–12167
(3) Shubhashis Datta, M. Halder. “Detailed scrutiny of the anion receptor pocket in subdomain IIA of serum proteins toward individual response to specific ligands: HSA-Pocket resembles flexible biological slide-wrench unlike BSA” J. Phys. Chem. B 2014, 118, 6071–6085.
(4) Shubhashis Datta, M. Halder. “Effect of encapsulation in the anion receptor pocket of subdomain IIA of human serum albumin on the modulation of pKa of warfarin and structurally similar acidic guests: A possible implication on biological Activity” J. Photochem. Photobiol. B 2014, 130, 76–85. (Highlighted in Nature-India)
(5) Shubhashis Datta, N. Mahapatra, M. Halder. “pH-insensitive electrostatic interaction of carmoisine with two serum proteins: A possible caution on its uses in food and pharmaceutical industry” J. Photochem. Photobiol. B 2013, 124, 50–62.
(6) P. Bolel, Shubhashis Datta, N. Mahapatra, M. Halder. “Exploration of pH-dependent behavior of the anion receptor pocket of subdomain IIA of HSA: Determination of eﬀective pocket charge using the Debye−Hückel limiting law” J. Phys. Chem. B 2014, 118, 26–36.
(7) P. Bolel, Shubhashis Datta, N. Mahapatra, M. Halder. “Spectroscopic investigation of the effect of salt on binding of tartrazine with two homologous serum albumins: Quantiﬁcation by use of the Debye−Hückel limiting law and observation of enthalpy−entropy compensation” J. Phys. Chem. B 2012, 116, 10195–10204.
(8) P. Bolel, N. Mahapatra, Shubhashis Datta, M. Halder. “Modulation of accessibility of subdomain IB in the pH-dependent interaction of bovine serum albumin with Cochineal Red A: A combined view from spectroscopy and docking simulations” J. Agric. Food Chem. 2013, 61, 4606–4613.
(9) N. Mahapatra, Shubhashis Datta, M. Halder. “A new spectroscopic protocol for selective detection of water soluble sulfides and cyanides: Use of Ag-nanoparticles synthesized by Ag (I)–reduction via photo-degradation of azo-food-colorants” J. Photochem. Photobiol. A 2014, 275, 72–80.
(10) Shubhashis Datta, P. Bolel, N. Mahapatra, S. Panja, H. Vardhan, S. Kayal, D. Khatua, I. Das and Mintu Halder. Reorganization Energy and Stokes Shift Calculations from Spectral Data as New Efficient Approaches in Distinguishing the End Point of Micellization/Aggregation, Analytical Methods, Vol-8, p. 2805–2811 (2016).
(11) M. Rajabi, Z. Hossaini, M. A. Khalilzadeh, Shubhashis Datta, Mintu Halder, S. A. Mousa. Synthesis of a new class of fluro [3,2-c] coumarins and its anticancer activity J. Photochem. Photobiol B: Biology, Vol-148, p. 66–72 (2015).
- Published abstract and presented poster entitled “Exploration of Specific Interaction of Food Dyes with Two Homologous Serum Proteins and Its Possible Biological Implications” in the International Symposium named “Theme Meeting on Ultrafast Science, (UFS-2013)” organized by Department of Physics and Meteorology, IIT Kharagpur, and Indian Society for Radiation and Photochemical Sciences, Mumbai during October 25–26, 2013 at IIT Kharagpur, India.
- Attended the International Symposium named “Light in Chemistry, Materials and Biology, (LCMB-2014)” organized by Department of Chemistry, IIT Kharagpur, Kharagpur during February 24–25, 2014 at Kharagpur, India.
- Attended the International Symposium named “Diamond Jubilee Symposium on Recent Trends in Chemistry, (DJSRTC-2011)” organized by Department of Chemistry, IIT Kharagpur, Kharagpur during October 21–23, 2011 at IIT Kharagpur, India.